Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 109

Thread: digital vs film - the final word

  1. #61
    Inactive Member ilpostino's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Was Blair witch really shot on video 8??!! The crapest of crap video format!! I find that hard to believe!! Especially if they had any idea it was going to be blown up.

    Anyway back to what thingy was saying about foot in the door. I kind of wish that when I left college that I'd gone and done a film degree instead of doing a "life" degree (sorry).

    P.S

    If you want to continue this discussion can you post a new topic, this one is getting slow to load.

    If go to uni you can live like a student meet like minded people live cheaply and learn about what your interested in but when you get out a degree won't get you an (industry) job, like you say. The other option is to go be a runner and start at the bottom of the ladder in the industry itself, while (I assume) you have little out goings, three years later you might be somewhere! If not then you'll still be as well equipped mentally as any degree student, if not more.

    [This message has been edited by ilpostino (edited July 09, 2001).]

  2. #62
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it was shot on Hi8 and 16mm

    but the website and public ignorance/gullability factored into its success

    by the time it hit the UK we all knew it was a mockumentary -- shame

    but please don't let Blair Witch be the final word in this great debate.

  3. #63
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heres my 2 pence

    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHhh......cough....ARGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


    Chance
    Who shoots on DVCAM and is proud of that

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heres my 2 pence

    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHhh......cough....ARGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


    Chance
    Who shoots on DVCAM and is proud of that

  5. #65
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    that's 4 pence altogether

  6. #66
    Inactive Member Jim Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I'm a videographer who appreciates the difference a good sound track can make to a production.

    As we strive to produce better and better productions.
    It is easy to focus on the pictures.
    Especially when we have just spent a lot of money on a camera.
    And of course for this reason the sound suffers.

    Art students are lectured in the ability of
    the human brain to visualise and fill in.

    Even although a picture may appear incomplete,
    the brain fills in the gaps or the bits that are missing;
    this is the power of the imagination.

    The same is not true for the way process sound.

    We should, to a greater extent,be able to follow a film,
    with out looking at the screen and just using our ears.

    In addition, the effect that the correct piece of music and/or SFX has
    on the final production is immeasurable.

    I think, the better the sound track the
    better the picture,
    not the other way round.

    TV and Movies, have not as yet,put the Radio Stations out of business.

    No, I'm not a sound person,
    I'm just someone who has learned the
    importance of sound in what some of us, assume is purely a visual media.

    Jim Bird.

    [This message has been edited by Jim Bird (edited July 10, 2001).]

    [This message has been edited by Jim Bird (edited July 10, 2001).]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member ComingApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've wanted to bite my tongue on this subject, but screw it, I'll say what I have to say... First off, I prefer film, and despise video, but If you're shooting some crap-ass no budget Zombie-Matrix ripoff or some similar garbage, whether it's on film or video, it's gonna be a flaming turd regardless...
    For a person who wants to eventually make widely distributed films, video is fine as a learning tool if film is out of reach, trying to better your craft, however you do it, is a good thing, but trying to justify your use of video with technical specs, "so-and-so" uses video arguments, "video is innovative" tyrades and stuff like that is just assinine... So in closing:

    Is it ok to shoot in video and low scale film (Super8, which is what I use): Yes, betterment of the craft is a good thing.
    Can I make a distributable film on video or low scale film: Nope, and if you expect to do so you are an idiot
    I'm done for now...

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    2p more

    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    and another thing,

    whatever muppet said video is just pressing a button is exactly that a muppet.

    Also, can you make a video and distribute it YES YOU CAN! if you shoot on the higher formats such as digi-beta or even DV cam, also what do you think television is shot on ! there is more chance of getting your work seen digitaly then if you shoot on film


  10. #70
    Inactive Member nextspielberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hahaha. That's funny, Chance. I won't say anything though, I'll let you think that. Just to make you happy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •